Metal Sonic was one of many robotic duplicates of Sonic the Hedgehog created by Dr. Eggman to fight against the original Sonic. At some point Metal Sonic merged himself with Mecha Sonic and Silver Sonic, two of Eggman's robots preceding Metal Sonic, becoming the entity known as Metallix.
Metallix SagaEditMetallix teleported from Mobius to the dimension of the Mushroom Kingdom. When he landed, he noticed a nearby Goomba holding the Blue Chaos Emerald. Metallix demanded the Goomba give him the Chaos Emerald. When the confused Goomba didn't know what he was talking about, he destroyed him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
So far, all that it is know about Metallix's powers and abilities is that he possesses scanners that allow him to track down the Chaos Emeralds and that he is capable of projecting blasts of energy.
Metallix can slot Chaos Emeralds into a reactor in his chest, as a means of storage. 
Not much is known about this form aside from that it is acquired with four Chaos Emeralds.
Not much is known about this form aside from that it is acquired with seven Chaos Emeralds.
- Chaos Control - A space- and time-warping ability, which can be amplified by the use of Chaos Emeralds. Metallix used this technique to appear in the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Energy Blast - Used to kill a Goomba in order to acquire a Chaos Emerald.
|Fierce Battle Between Fierce Rivals||Donut Plains||Metallix|
|The New Threat||TBA||Metallix|
- Metallix has a special themed dialogue box, which features a volume icon.
- This volume icon changes frequency depending on whether Metallix is shouting or not.
- The view that Metallix's visor presents to him is entirely red and black, which is a reference to the Virtual Boy, a failed console that Nintendo produced and marketed.
- Metallix was originally planned to be the ultimate form of Mecha Sonic in the 2006 series after he had absorbed all seven Chaos Emeralds, but was ultimately dropped in favor of Metallix replacing Mecha Sonic in the reboot.