This article is from the 2006 series of SMBZ and is no longer canon.
|The Two Shell Treaty|
As Mario recovers from his defeat at the hands of Basilisx, with help from Luigi, the brothers prepare their counterattack. Meanwhile, Shadow has a deadly encounter with Mecha Sonic...
We start with Shadow searching for the sixth Chaos Emerald and Mecha Sonic in a vast desert. He looks at a necklace of some sort (possibly a locket), reminding him of his friend Rouge. He then talks to himself, debating on whether it was right to leave the group, but Shadow snaps, deciding that its too late to back out, and says Sonic and the others could take care of themselves. Suddenly, Mecha Sonic ambushes Shadow and the two of them engage each other. Mecha Sonic questions Shadow regarding the location of Sonic, his friends, and the Chaos Emeralds, but Shadow refuses to answer and prepares to attack, with Mecha Sonic deciding to just beat the answers out of Shadow instead, as Shadow glares at Mecha Sonic with intense anger in his eyes.
Then, we cut to Basilisx attempting to destroy Mario once and for all and is cheered on by his peers. Bowser, growing impatient, orders Basilisx to finish Mario and Peach shrieks in terror. However, much to Basilisx's surprise, Luigi escapes from his curse and ambushes him from behind, also knocking Basilisx into his peers (while comically causing an "X" to appear as if a bowler bowled a strike in a bowling round). Next, he heals Mario's poisoning with a 1-Up mushroom, reviving him. Basilisx demands to know how Luigi broke out of his curse, but upon noticing his Tanooki suit, realizes that he managed to get out because of the Tanooki suit's powers, which Luigi then confirms. Then, Basilisx orders his troops to attack the Mario Bros.
Although the preview stops at this point, it was still confirmed that the Koopalings would eventually fight. The episode would ultimately be left unfinished.
- Mecha Sonic was confirmed to defeat Shadow in the episode.
- One new Power-Up was intended to make an appearance for the heroes.
- Alvin announced his "retirement" from sprite animation (which was actually a break) and the announcement was not an April fool's joke despite the coincidental timing. However, since the reboot, Alvin has confirmed he will not be going back to the original series and instead rework the events from the beginning.
- Voice clips for Koopalings were allegedly difficult to find according to Alvin, and this hindered his development on the episode.
- This episode is referenced in the previous by Bowser.
- The line, "what the deuce," spoken by Bowser is rumored to be a homage to Stewie Griffin from Family Guy. This is unconfirmed.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Mecha Sonic
- Dr. Eggman
- The Koopalings
- Princess Peach
- Rouge (mentioned in dialogue)
- Poisoned Mario
- Tanooki Luigi
- Fire Sonic
|SMBZ Episodes (2006)|
Bowser's Return • Warriors from Another Dimension • The New Threat • Here Come the Koopa Bros. • Troubles on Yoshi's Island
Brawl on a Vanishing Island • Secret of the Pipe Maze • The Great Doomship Offensive • The Two Shell Treaty